One way to save for your child’s future college tuition is to put a little money away every year in a Roth IRA. I thought I would write a short post on how you would determine if you are eligible to contribute to your Roth IRA. If you want more information you should read about your Roth IRA Contribution Limits 2013
The Roth IRA Income Limits have changed once again in 2013 as expected. This article will examine the unique situation of when you file your taxes as a married couple.
Roth IRA Income Limits 2013
The first thing that you must do in order to determine your Roth IRA Income Limits is to find out your modified adjusted gross income using common tax forms like the 1040 or 1040a, then look at which category you fall into.
- If your modified adjusted gross income is under the bottom phase out limit of $169,000, you should try to take full advantage of this by contributing the maximum amount you are allowed
- If your modified adjusted gross income is in the range of $169,000 – $179,000 you can still make a significant contribution to your Roth IRA savings account, but you cannot contribute the maximum contribution
- If your modified adjusted gross income is above the upper phase out limit of $179,000, you are disqualified from contributing to your retirement arrangement
One thing you’ll see often as kids get older and start being less active is them getting injuries. So in this post I wanted to talk about how to recognize one of the most common areas of problems.
Most people first take notice of how much we rely on the hip flexor once they sustain a hip flexor injury to this area. To learn more about hip flexor injuries we must first examine how they occur; there are three main ways you can injure your hip flexor which are described below.
Hip Flexor Injury Types
- Blunt Trauma: This is usually a soft-tissue injury that occurs after a hard impact to the hip flexor region, very common in sports like soccer and hockey.
- Hip Flexor Pull: One of the most frustrating injuries, a hip flexor pull is sustained when there is too much stress on the hip flexor, usually when you try to over-extend your leg while sprinting in a sport.
- Overuse Injury: Sports like dancing and running require a lot of repetitious movements, overtime this can lead to tendon inflammation and become quite severe in some cases, even leading to an even worse hip flexor injury – tendonitis
Children are one of the most precious things in the world, which is why it is natural for you to think about their future. How will you pay for their school? Maybe a house? You need to save a lot of money for this.
One option you have is to use your 401k if your employer offers it. This is a great way to consistently save and grow your money over time, and it can be used to help finance school and real estate. Without further ado, here are the 401k limits 2013, I encourage you to read more about the 401k at your leisure.
401k limits 2013
The 2013 401k limits have now been released by the IRS, and there are some very positive changes. Continuing with the limit categorization method for this post so far I will go through the changes.
For the 2013 tax year you will be able to contribute $17,500 as your basic limit, which is up another $500 from 2012 (see above section). Just a reminder, this limit applies for everyone.
The catch-up limit for anyone over 50 is still the same at $5,500, which gives a personal 401k contribution limit for anyone over 50 as $23,000 in 2013.
Last but not least, the total limit (between you and your employer), is $51,000. Compared to 2012 this has gone up another $1,000, which is always nice.
Children get hurt, FACT. However, this doesn’t mean that we have to accept that they’ll be bruised and broken for all their childhood, in fact, there are many ways for us to help them.
The best thing to do is to take children to see your family physician when they get hurt, unfortunately kids don’t always see it this way. Some children have even been known to cover up injuries because they are deathly afraid of the big ol scary doctors office! If you have kids you probably know that they exhibit this kind of behaviour often in many aspects of life. There are ways around it though, usually by making things fun!
If it’s a minor injury you can let your kids ‘play’ doctor and treat themselves or each other, it’s a good way to teach your kids first aid at the same time. An alternative is to try an alternative type of treatment, like medical massage therapy. Massage are fun no matter what age you are, so kids will welcome the treatment instead of running away from it.
Do you have any special ways of treating children? Let us know in the comments below.
Don’t let the name fool you, this site isn’t just for kids, or even primarily for kids, what it is for is to give advice to parents with children to help live a happy life and at the same time raise children right.
This site is a non-profit and non-revenue generating site that was only made possible by a great deal at a hosting site called hostgator, which allowed us to get web hosting first month free, which allows us to get our message out now. We couldn’t be more excited.